Need help on bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jasonp, Mar 15, 2001.

1. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Im going to bid on a parkway and trying to figure out how to put the numbers together to come up with a price. I would say the parkway is (1) one mile long and 40 feet wide . how could i come up with a price per cut or how could i come up with a total acre that i would be cutting.
    Also you are to edge all the curbs each cutting.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, if it is 1 mile long, that is 5280 ft. So, 5280x40 ft. wide gives you 211,200 sq. ft. Divide by an acre - 43560, and you get 4.848484848484...... . Multiply this by your rate per acre. Now, how much trimming is involved? Do they want two sides edged, or is it just one?

3. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

I would bid this property at $195 including trimming and blowing. Although the blowing part should not be an issue. :)

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like a long mile with a trimmer.x 2.
    If it is the way I have it pictured. I believe I would adjust price upward .GOOD LUCK

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If there is concrete curbing for the divider:
    Both sides edged and cut: $215
    One side edged and cut: $175

If there is no concrete curbing for the divider:
    One side edged and cut: $162

Good Luck this season!
    Kris

6. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Its more like medians in the middle of two one way roads there is about 14 of them and they have a curbing going around each one. Im thinking 300 a cut. there is some trees but the edging is what worries me. It is one mile long but in 14 or so sections.