1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need help on bid...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scchamblee, Feb 6, 2007.

1. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I am just getting into commercial properties. I am bidding on an apt. complex. It has:

223,500 sqft (bout 5 acres) of mowing
    4600 feet of edging
    14,500 feet of string trimming, plus 140 small trees with straw around them

I have a 60" John deere 797 (only mower) have access to a JD 7H17 48" w/b
    2 Weedeaters & 1 Edger

How long should it take me and one helper to do this, and what would you charge?

Ay help appreciated

2. scchamblee

Please... I need some help!
  3. scchamblee

Please... I need some help!
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

on an 8hr day with one helper/ both on mowers we can turn out $800 to $1,000 and that sounds like a bit less than half a day if that helps. that doesnt include the edging or the small trees etc
  5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Without pics of property I'd guess 3 hrs with a helper or say 5 solo. I'd guess $125 an hr if two guys are working it (roughly $375 per visit). If you could post a pic we could give you a better idea.
  6. Precisionlc9

Precisionlc9 LawnSite Member

I would'nt touch this property for less than $200 a visit and would be more apt to charge $250 just because by the time you get out there in the middle of the summer ball sweatin hot your gonna be pi$$ed if your not makin the kinda money that you want, but with that said you better be doing a first class job everytime you show up. O yea and not to mention all commercial properties want to see some kind of commercial insurance policy just to mow on thier property which costs$$$$$. hope this helps
  7. scchamblee

Thanks for the help. I will try to get pictures up soon, I gotta go back and measure the beds for a bid on maintenance. It is laid out very crazy, there is thirteen different buildings (plus an office building)... lots of curbs, lots of fence.

One other thing... It is a new complex with bermuda sod laid this winter... is it gonna be safe to get that mower on it (1350 lbs.)

I did a rough layout of the place... but dont know how to post it.
  8. scchamblee

this is a rough scetch

Green - grass
    Blue - chain link fence
    Red - iron fence
    White - buildings
    Brown - parking lot

Attached Files:

• apts.bmp
      File size:
      812.2 KB