Need help on bid...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Oct 19, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have got to give a written bid to a person about mowing 3 acres and trimming a couple of long ditches. My estimate is $350. I am positive I can win the bid for that much. How can I write this bid to look neat and professional?

Any help is appreciated,
    Rick
    LawnWorks

2. T.C.O.B.

T.C.O.B. LawnSite Member
    from Zone 9

You obviously have a computer! Go to word or works Start of with a blank document. Take your business name, change the font & color and place it at the top\center of the page and create your own personal letter head. Then at the bottom, add your address, phone number, and so on. In the middle type the proposal, just how you would sell it to them, be professional. When you think your done, hit spell check.Then hit save and keep this document for next time. Print it, and let someone else read it and give you input and suggestions, then go back and make changes. Last, sign it and endorse yourself and the business. Re:

Sincerly,

Bill Smith
    President
    Universal Lawn & Landscape, Inc.

Good Luck!

3. Drop your price by $200 unless you are giving someone a $200 kick back.

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

No, people respect higher prices. Just gotta look and sound confident.

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

The current lawn crew does that same property for $475!! I hate to lowball, but this other crew is really ripping them off. That is why I know I can get it for $300. Plus, there are not any other contractors bidding.

6. ashlandscaping

ashlandscaping Banned

The ? is is that price per week or per month if thats per week what area do you work in? Around me the average price per acre is $ 50.00 per mow. Plus some guys are doing it in the $ 35.oo per mow range.

7. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I do a 3-1/2 acre residence and only charge $125.00 I know that this is cheap but I love to do it. Just bid and do it as professionally as posible. Tell them what they are getting for their $350.00.