Need help on bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jake1211, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jake1211

Jake1211 LawnSite Member

I have been in business for two years, I have just acquired a Walker 26 hp last September which tremendously helped me with leaves pickup. The Walker has also helped me to get some yards done quicker. I have always gotten my accounts on a handshake. Many of these yards are yards that I mow, edge, blow off, fertilize, and put pine straw down for. This yard that I am currently giving an estimate for is about 5500 sq. ft. of Zoysia with 17000 square foot of natural areas and flowerbeds. The owner of the home wants me to give a quote for the works, everything for the year(mow, edge, weedeat, blow, pine straw, weed prevention in beds, fall clean-up, fertilizer, trimming bushes/evergreens) a contract that will last the whole year, I have never quoted anyone on anything like that. My quote price has come out to $7510.00 for the year as I have calculated it, if accepted it they would be paying $625 per month. Does that sound way off base?

2. Jake1211

Jake1211 LawnSite Member

see attachment

3. ks921

ks921 LawnSite Member

Where's the attachment?

4. Jake1211

Jake1211 LawnSite Member

I attached it in the other post that I made, because I was worried that I hit the wrong button, so I basically have two posts that are similar. Sorry.

5. ks921

ks921 LawnSite Member

Seems kind of high. I estimated around 4000, not knowing how many hours you have trimming shrubs.