Need help on bidding a small commercial property for TOMORROW!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PattersonL&L, Mar 12, 2012.

1. PattersonL&L

PattersonL&L LawnSite Member

Hi there,

Been in business full time for a couple years and I have a baby boy on the way so I need to start getting a couple higher paying commercial properties to help me grow. I have around 60 residentials but no commercia accounts. This is the property. There is a court yard that we have to bring equipment up an elevator and through the nursing home to get to it which can only fit a 36" mower. They also want it cut near the end of the week and no weekends. the property is roughly 3.5 acres. I was thinking around $300.00 a cut. Am I in the ball park? PLEASE HELP ME!!:waving: nursing home.jpg

nursing home.jpg

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut that in half....$150ish

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

PM me if you need some help..we have been doing one thats almost identical to that. Theres tricks to working in those courtyards especially when bringing in or taking out bulk items (mulch, leaves, branches, etc). How many acres is the property? I would say around 150 a week for 48 weeks of the year. Lets here some specifics.
    Those larger nursing homes are difficult but its very rewarding work. You are doing something for the residents and they pay pretty good.

4. Salcido Lawn

Salcido Lawn LawnSite Member

I would sell them on the idea of a year around contract, not a per cut price! That will give you income in the winter. As far as the size of the yard and pricing, I would probably charge around $350 per cut, which I would sell as $1,312.50 per month, plus tax. (This woud be 42 cuts, flowerbed care & 3 ferts)

5. Squires4Seasons

Squires4Seasons LawnSite Member

I don't think that your pricing is that far off. I would be around $350 per week at 34 weeks for the northern cutting season. I would also set it up with a monthly contract.
    It looks like it would be easy to do, except for the courtyard.

Maybe include selling up the job by adding Fertilizer, Spring Cleanup, Fall Cleanup, Snow Removal, Aeration etc...

6. PattersonL&L

Whole lot is about 3.5 acres including parking lot. My brother in law actually works for the company who cut this last season and he said it took them 1.5 hours with a 60" and a walk behind with 6 guys. There is allot of edging and weed whacking.

7. PattersonL&L

I appreciate all your guys help however I do feel $150 a cut is on the low end.

8. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

in our area 150 isnt to far off. I would say since there is alot of edging and you have to take the mower though the building maybe $200 a cut.

9. PattersonL&L

We are bidding for a spring and fall clean up as well. Any ideas on that would be helpful too! They want 2 Fall and 1 Spring. Im thinking....

Fall Clean up $750-$800x2
    Spring Clean Up $400

10. Squires4Seasons

Squires4Seasons LawnSite Member

If you took 1.5 hours to cut with 6 guys, I would charge $270.00 (1.5x6x30=270) Based off of $30 per hour.

It looks like your good with fall cleanup. Are you removing the leaves off of the property?