Need help on changing engine to deck belt on lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhenegar, May 24, 2001.

1. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Well I just happened to notice that my engine to deck belt on my Lazer has a rip in it. Got one ordered today and was wondering if anyone has ever changed this belt. Could someone give me some steps on how to do this. Thanks!

2. DLCFL

DLCFL LawnSite Member

Is this a stupid idea? now Im new here, not to the lawn game What if we had a list for every state,county of deadbeats who owed money or didnt pay? All us legitamate LCOS could log on see if there on the list, and go from there.Lets say someone calls for a bid you say Ill come out tommorow ,and you check the list if there on it screw it!we just need a website that would support it that way we could cut down on these non paying bastards!Crazy idea I know but Im tired of getting burned!

3. jnmaney

jnmaney LawnSite Member

I changed that belt last summer, is not a real biggie, let me look at our rider tomorrow and bring my manual home and i'll post again
    john

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I just replaced this belt about a week ago. Not a big problem. No tools needed. Although it is easier if you have someone to help you. They can hold the belt in place while you pull on the idler arm pulley. Just double check that you route it the correct way.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, DLCFL---What the heck are you talking about?:confused:

6. jnmaney

jnmaney LawnSite Member

the Idler pulleys are the 2 that are under the engine, 1 is held tight against the belt by a spring, that is the one you will push up on and take the belt off with. It's a good idea to spend a few minutes looking at the way the belt routes through everything before tearing into it.

7. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

As said above..look to see how the belt is routed before you tear into it. I broked two belts because I put them on wrong.
    Loop it around the deck and then back to the rear of the mower. Put the belt in position on the pulley with the spring (idler) Roll it onto the other pulley like you do with a bike chain. You ready to mow.
    Good luck