1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help on decision!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tom c., Sep 14, 2006.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I need everyones opinion on a decision. Im looking to get a large acct in the spring and need to either get a larger W/B or a zero turn. I cut the acct twice this summer and it took me about three to four hrs to do, Its a church with a cemetary and a house alongside. it has alot of string trimming Like 1 hr. mainly in the cematary. I have a 36in. w/b, no velke, Im thinking of getting a zero turn, or should I get a velke for the 36" or get a 48" wb or get a zero turn? Im a solo operator so I was leaning towards the Z [It would be less leg time and I could use on some other residential accts.] So could anyone reccomend a resionably priced Z, I keep looking at used equip on ebay but it seems like everyone wants top dollar for high hr equipment. I would like to get a commercial unit like a cub tank or can I get away with a residentialy rated mower [ I would only use it on three or four accts a week] I am a part-timer now and am going to go full time in a year so the equipment would see more use down the road. Any ideas or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Keep on cutting Tom!! :usflag:
  2. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

If you already have a good mower an it works instead of investing in something thats going to cause debt, just get the velke. When you get more accounts that you can justify using an buying a Z then go for it. Just my .02 worth.

3. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

looks like you would need that 36 in the cemetary, i would keep it and get velke too, i wouldnt have a WB without one