Need Help On Estimate!! Quick!! Thanks

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jun 16, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys this is one of the lawns i mow and the guy wanted me to do some landscape work for him. Pic are below.

he wants:

Weeds pulled:dizzy:
    Hedges Trimmed
    Mulch Installation

I was going to spray weed killer down to help out with all that bermuda growing should i spray the killer down before i pull the weeds or after?? or both? i was thinking it would make it a little easier to pull dead weeds up rather than alive. idk.

How should i go about chraging this job? This is my first job like this.

ALSO, the big tree right in the middle, what in the hell am i supposed to do with that??????

any input is greatly appreciated, as i told him that i would give him a quote Tuesday Afternoon.

Thanks!!

2. agm

agm LawnSite Member
    from NM

wheres the pic?

3. DillonsLawnCare

heres some pics!

CIMG1334.JPG

CIMG1335.JPG

CIMG1336.JPG

CIMG1337.JPG

CIMG1338.JPG

4. DillonsLawnCare

Sorry The First Picture Was Mistakenly Put In There!! My Bad!! Thats Not The House! The Rest Of The Pics Are!!

Thanks

5. DillonsLawnCare

MOREpics..............

CIMG1339.JPG

CIMG1340.JPG

CIMG1341.JPG

CIMG1342.JPG

CIMG1343.JPG

6. DillonsLawnCare

More Pics...........

CIMG1344.JPG

CIMG1345.JPG

CIMG1346.JPG

CIMG1347.JPG

CIMG1348.JPG

7. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

it is easier and more efficient to pull dead weeds instead of live.that way the don't multiply.pulling bermuda is a waste.its going to take at least 2 sprays about 2 weeks apart to kill it.then sprayed when noticed.always charge any job by man hours and product usage charge.

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

For hedge trimming, my starting price is $25 and that is only if the bushes are not overgrown and there aren't that many of them. I would say you should charge at least $35-40 based on the amount of bushes and the growth.

For weed pulling, I pull than spray Bear weedkiller (available at Home Cheapo), it kills weeds but not trees and plants and you don't need a liscense for it. My starting price is $30 and that is only for light weeding. Based on the pics, I would charge maybe $50 or so. But that is the going rates in my area, and some LCOs are lower ($25 for mowing and edging, trim hedges, pull weeds). If the going rates are higher in your area, charge more.

As far as mulch goes, I haven't a clue as I don't do mulching. :cry:

9. derbydon

derbydon LawnSite Member

Looks like bermuda grass in there, if so, better plan on removing 2-4" of dirt with that, putting down a barrier, and make sure the customer is aware bermuda always comes back. It's hard to advise how much to quote on a job like that without knowing your experience level (I've got a couple of guys I'd put on that and they'd be done in 4 hours, my other 2 guys would be 4 days and still not look right).

Safe bet to say 16 man hours, maybe 5 "scoops" of mulch bulk or 50 3 cu/ft bags, bag of treflan weedstop, couple rolls of barrier, fuel (depends on how far for mulch and disposal) and disposal fees, if any.

10. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Solo I charge $60 hour for clean-up. Looks like it might take you 2 hours of prep.

Then for that job $75 to $85 per yard of mulch used depending on type of mulch.

3 to 4 yards plus prep

$460? I don't know the measurements.

You mow that property and don't run the wacker in those beds?