Need Help on flower Selection

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by cm82pa, Jun 12, 2007.

1. cm82pa

cm82pa LawnSite Member

I has a customer who I did some renovations to her yard. Actually I removed a couple of thousand dollars worth of landscaping. Anyway I cleaned out her gardens and she wants low maintenance flowers to be planted in her mulch beds I doing. Any suggestions? I am laying red mulch, I usually don't use that color so I'm looking for constasting colors. I will try to send pics of house and lay out. If I can figure out how to do it.

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Exposure?? Sun/Shade/Part? Will you be prepping an annual bed or are these gonna be "homeowner" flowers that run along the walkway in front of the landscape?

Red Mulch..... hmmmm. Eww.

3. cm82pa

cm82pa LawnSite Member

I guess the best would be perrenials, they will be by a walk and around the house. I know RED!!, but hey she picks I put it in, if she doesn't like it she can pay to have it removed and replaced LOL !!!

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

All perennials must be maintained. You have flowers they need maintaining period.You have to deadhead them and cut them back every winter. Rosemary, Lavendula, Daylillys, Spirea, Coriopsis, look in your local nursery, what they have is usually what grows in your area.

5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

6. cm82pa

cm82pa LawnSite Member

Heres are my pics

Joyce pics 018.jpg

Joyce pics 020.jpg