need help on getting rid of!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by trilogylawn, May 26, 2008.

1. trilogylawn

trilogylawn LawnSite Member

i got this client and he had his lawn hydro seeded a while back and it was fine untill he started getting dead parts and he used round up and that dident work and then he put sun and shade mix seed in those areas now he has green grass with light green patches all over the place what can i do to fix those areas he also bags his grass everytime he cuts his grass can anyone help me

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

over seed this fall

3. trilogylawn

do you think its the seed he used to get it like that he used the wrong seed

4. trilogylawn

but he wants it gone as soon as possible you know how ppl are

5. sbvfd592

well it might be a cheep fescue in a KBG lawn. tell him he can have a much nicer lawn if he waits 3 months and you overseed with one kind of seed in the fall.

6. trilogylawn

you know how much that will cost him about $350 for an 1 and half acre lot.

7. sbvfd592

not a clue

8. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like he just used a different type of seed than what he had down originally. I would find out the original grass, find the right seed, get rid of the new grass and reseed.

I've done jobs like that before for people who didn't realize there are different types of grass out there. :)

9. trilogylawn

the funny thing is he thinks its a weed but i already know he messed up and put a diiferent kind of seed down how much an hour would be good to put that seed down with a power rake and and overseeder attchment

10. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

that's a tough one to answer, I rarely go on an hourly rate anymore. It usually just takes me to look at a jobsite to figure out how much it will cost...