Need help on hard contract.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by madisonpressurewashing, Mar 25, 2009.

1. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys, I realy could use some help here. I got a non-profit group that wants me to mow 16 yards for them. They are easy and take about 30-45 minutes to mow. But, here is the hard part. They are all over North Alabama. It took 8 hours to drive to them all today. I spent only two minutes to look at each one of them. They are that easy. Just a small plot with a fence. I looks to me a 250 - 300 mile run. I mow them every two weeks. What do I charge them? If you all can take some your time to help me, I would be greatly thankful, for I am taking care of two very ill family members and I can't afford to blow this.

2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Can you make a long day of it or will it take two days?

3. Toxey

Toxey LawnSite Member

I currently do some work in the Albertville/Guntersville/Boaz area. Do you have any places around there? If you need any help let me know.

4. madisonpressurewashing

It be two long days. Toxey, I might get with ya some day.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I would turn it down. I doubt they will pay you for the 7-8hrs of drive time every time you cut them PLUS the price to actually do the mowing.

6. polerpoker

polerpoker LawnSite Member

Just you or you have another guy? do you have time for two days of mowing? what year is your vehicle?

7. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Too much drive time. I would thank them for the offer and turn them down.

8. The Elements Group

The Elements Group LawnSite Senior Member

dont charge them by the yd, charge them by the mile.... good luck

9. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I would bid it high, and sub it out to companies in every area. If they want to cut a check to one person be that person. You already do this one take you but a day to find someone thats good and get them on a contract to do them for you pocket $25 a cut for hiring them and be happy. Maybe make the drive once a month to check on things.

10. madisonpressurewashing

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!