Need Help on mulching job BID

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by schunklawn, May 20, 2007.

1. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

hey guys i am a full time mower and have done plenty of landscaping jobs on the side for buddies, etc. i have never priced out a job personally as far as the mulching goes. i am doing a small job.......she needs 5yd's of mulch and it is not a tricky set up either....should be pretty easy and i just don't know how much to mark up the price of the mulch and i don't know how much i should charge per hour and if there is a delivery charge....i hope there is a fairly easy solution to an easy and common situation..thanks for the help guys....donnie..:usflag:

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of mulch? For died hardwood, I try to get about $90.00/yard or close to it. On small jobs you have to, otherwise you would be better of just mowing.

3. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Figure 1 yard of mulch = 1 man hour to spread. You figure the numbers from there.

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey five yards of mulch equals $625.00 plus tax. If there is alot of weed pulling then there is an additional one and half man hour added. The price includes mulch lite weeding, edging and lite trimming and pruning. How many guys are you using. If your doing it yourself should be aroung 4 and half to 5 hours. My .02 worth.:waving:

5. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

for the application of the mulch only, I would charge about $275 for double hardwood, or $300 for tripleshredded. How many feet of bed edging is there? Any shrubs to be trimmed? how about weeding?