Need Help on PRICE!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Mar 26, 2005.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

What would you guys charge for running a Exmark LAZER Z AS 52 inch cut 20 horse kohler, per hour? I have a farm job where there will be NO TRIMMING JUST MOWING, and it is hard to figure how many acres, probably will take 7-9 hours to cut.

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

I charge by the job, not the hour.

3. GreenMachine102

I am thinking 25-30 an hour for the exmark, so between 225-245 for the job? Does that sound right? payup

4. lawnandplow42

Ya, i was gonna say 250 dollars for the job, but was waiting to see what other said. I'm not the most experienced at bidding.

5. GreenMachine102

I know most of you guys charge by the job, but I am just trying to figure up a price, so could you guys please clue me in on what I should charge for operating the mower for 7-9 hours?

6. GreenMachine102

Thanks Lawn, yeah that what I figured! :)

7. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I would bid the exact same as my $/hr on anyother job. Why spend time on a job that will pay less than another one? Unless your trying to fill in time.

My price, $400. If I was going to be there all day, I want to get a full days pay out of it.

8. GreenMachine102

How about this question, this is a little tricky, see this guy that owns the farm has his own John Deere 60 inch hydro mower, and mine is only 52 inch, so what if he wants me to use his mower how should I go about pricing it then?

9. lawnandplow42

400 sounds a little steep, but BCSteel brought up a good point, if your going to be working their all day, you would probably want a day's pay.

Most guys i talked to charge anywhere between 30-45 dollars/hour for odd jobs. I'm guessing that applies to mowing too.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That will be his comeback regardless of what you bid. What will you charge me if you use my mower? Then you are up a creek....$40 per hour to drive his tractor?