Need help on price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnman, Mar 2, 2013.

1. thelawnman

thelawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys need help on priceing this job. I need to Pull theys out remove them from the yard and refill with hole with dirt. I was think 500 but what do yall think.

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0730[1] (2).jpg

2. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

What are you pulling them out with?
    Do you have far to go to get rid of them?
    Will you be able to do it in one trip?

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you can get the job for $500 go for it :waving:

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

That species puts up one hell of a fight to get them out. Unless you have a tractor with a backhoe attachment I wouldn't go near that job for $500.

5. TeamYardsale4

TeamYardsale4 LawnSite Senior Member

That 3rd picture looks awful close to that concrete! Chances are if you pull them out the roots are under that concrete and will lift that too! $500 is way to cheap IMO

6. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You are better of cutting them down and treating the stump and roots with root killer. Dig around the stump and cut below the grade and fill it in. Thats what i would do with them being so close to concrete.

7. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Get a guy with a stump grinder ,cut them down at the root and grind them up.

8. Tsklandscaping

Tsklandscaping LawnSite Member

What would you use to pull those out with? Your truck? Backhoe what?

9. thelawnman

thelawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Well i talked to my friend and prob with a backhoe and use the dumb truck to take it to the dump. I just dont know a price on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Why 500?? Are you just looking at it and pulling a round number out of the air? You need to sit down and figure an hourly rate, estimate how much time you (or anyone with you in combo) will need to get these out, any dump charges (how much waste are you going to create?) ... equipment rental if you don't have any... etc. Soil and MORE labor to clean up and fill/grade the holes.

We've yanked a lot of old Taxus shrubs. They are not easy. Most of the time the roots are set in like concrete. I suggest not grinding, but digging out the stumps and the trailing roots. We pop a lot of these with the Dingo forks but once they hit a certain size, you may need a mini and a bucket to get aggressive. Again, these are no joke.

Perhaps a grinding will be ok here on a low stump.... price it in. Get a tree service to look at it for you.