Need help on price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnman, Mar 2, 2013.

1. thelawnman

thelawnman LawnSite Senior Member

200 to level the side and maybe 200 to pull the front i got to look at it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Didn't you already look at it?

I'd be in and out of there in just a couple hrs with a helper. I removed 6 very large Cedar trees that were a good 10ft tall or more and even wider at the bottom. The trunks on them were 8-12 inches and had been there for 30+years. It took me and a helper 2 trips to the dump and 5hrs. I charged $650 and the lady didn't blink an eye. I could go in and have all of them removed without any equipment. Just me and a helper in a few hrs.

I've done other shrub removal jobs where the customer wanted the root ball out and as much of the roots as possible gone so they can replant a different shrub/tree in it's place. Those get charged even more.

3. thelawnman

Yea i look at it but i m going to make sure theres no root under the block
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. thelawnman

Well they are just getting cut down and then someones comeing in a stomp grinding them now.

5. orangemower

from pa

How would you go about making sure no roots are under the block? Did you plan on digging up along the edge of the concrete?

I ask this because a job like this has got to be the easiest type of job for me to estimate. One rule of thumb with me is, if the stumps are close to any structure then they get cut off flush. If they are in a mulch bed then dig down below the surface and cut it off then bury the rest. If they need them removed it's going to cost more.

6. thelawnman

I was going to dig and find out. They have dont have much money so its getting done a cheap as then can. So now there just getting cut down and stump grinded.

7. orangemower

from pa

Why even have the added expense of grinding the stumps out? Just do like I mentioned and cut them below the bed surface then bury them.