Need Help on Project!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by KrayzKajun, Jan 21, 2007.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

The homeowner wants grass to grow under these two big trees. ANy help appreciated! What can I do?

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Rake up the ground well...Topdress with loam...apply lime...seed with a shade tolerant fescue(Lesco Teammate)...Fertilize.

3. KrayzKajun

thanks!!!!

4. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Can you talk them in to a ground cover instead of grass or a small area of grass around the mailbox and driveway edge and then an interesting mulch & shrub bed between the two trees ?

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

did you get the cleanup job?

6. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Go all out and try to UP sell them into piping the ditch so they have a nice flat yard to the road and do what accu cut and eakern said a whole landscape instal with both ideas. My two cents.

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I don't know how much success you are going to have planting any type of grass under an oak tree.

8. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I was thinking the Same thing Walker...I would have a field day with that ......The area under those trees are going to continue to suffer from moss....Too much Shade, and nowhere for the moisture to evaporate quickly....I agree, scratch trying to seed the lawn, and looking into some nice ground cover, maybe some shrubs. If you do seed, dress the areas up around the trees, and cuts down some of the low hanging branches to allow for a little sunlite.....

9. KrayzKajun

yea i got the job. They signed a contract for $65hr. i started last saturday,put in about 7 hours , will finish this weekend, its been raining everyday since sunday

10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Good for you.