Need Help on Quoting a rather large mulch job. Any suggestion... Pics included

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CELawnsolutions, Mar 8, 2007.

1. CELawnsolutions

CELawnsolutions LawnSite Member

I am just guessing but it looks to be around 1600sq ft. so about 9-10 yards( assuming 2" deep)

here are a few pics.

mulch 010.jpg

mulch 009.jpg

mulch 008.jpg

mulch 007.jpg

mulch 006.jpg

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

3. CELawnsolutions

Also keep in mind that I am also working on trying to get the mow,trim and fert job for the year too.

mulch 005.jpg

mulch 004.jpg

mulch 003.jpg

mulch 002.jpg

mulch 001.jpg

4. CELawnsolutions

So Grandview, mulch in my area is about $35/yrd. Would you still charge $80/yard?

5. grandview (2006)

Can you get a better bulk rate? In my area the double ground mulch I get is 21.00 a yd. Or is it black? Are you humping it from the street? From the pixs looks like under 4 hrs + I charge for 1 hr drive/pickup mulch time for one trip. Try not to assume that they will sign on for the other stuff.

6. CELawnsolutions

No I should be have pretty good access from the driveway. However for 9 yards I may have to make two trips to the nursery. I will have to check with them to see if I can get a better rate if I buy 9 yards at one time.

Do you have any suggestions on how to measure the beds to see if I have calculated correctly?

7. grandview (2006)

Just try and square them off and measure LxW and a little eyeballing. After you do a few you don't even have to measure you'll just know. Also if you buy bulk you never get the same amount each time you go,that's why I try and line a few up and work out of my dump trailer.

8. CELawnsolutions

I have a 6X10 Trailer that I will use. I will probably use my wheel barrel and my eXmark with a pull behind dump trailer.

9. grandview (2006)

Go for it. Don't forget the pictures and time yourself.:weightlifter:

10. CELawnsolutions

are you talking about before and after pictures?