Need Help On Scag

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bigchap, Dec 19, 2004.

1. bigchap

bigchap LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a used Scag turf tiger and it has a leak on of the hydro pumps. It doesn't really leak to bad when it is sitting, but I assume because of the pressere while running it the fluid flows out pretty good. The guy I bought it from replaced the thing that holds the o- ring but it didn't work. The leak is coming from the outside left side of the pump in the open whole towards the top. I wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and knows what I need to do to fix it. Thanks for your help :help:

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You may need to have the pump replaced. There may be a gasket where its leaking from that could be replaced but I don't really know. I suggest you take it to the dealer or get a hydrogear repair manual.

3. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I replaced I think the biggest gasket that come with the kit this summer,it's just time consuming but easy.Was leaking out top.

Only thing is getting the pulley to line back up. When putting the lines back if the wheel is not rotating the same switch the line hoses.

4. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

I own the scag turf tigers also and i always take it to the dealer to ayt least let them diagnose the problem. Sometimes if fix them and sometimes i let them.

5. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

You can get the overhaul kit for the hydro pumps. talk to your dealer.