1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

need help on skid sprayer who makes a decent one

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nismodude1988, Mar 30, 2014.

1. nismodude1988

nismodude1988 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I'm in the market for a 50 to 100 gallon skid sprayer for doing lawn fert treatments. But I don't know any good brands that will last and also what's a decent price for on I'm only doing about 15 yards out of all the accounts that requires treatments I got my license for applications and just need a spray rig I'm using a fert spreader from lesco and spot spraying and it's not doing a good job weeds are still poping up
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I have a lesco 200 gallon space saver that I really like. For 100 gallons I'd say it would probably start around a grand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. nismodude1988

from GA

So a lesco 100 gallon sprayers are about 1k
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

No. Maybe home made.

My 50 gallon was more than that
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. nismodude1988

from GA

Would a northern tool tank, pump, hose work just fine till I got a little bigger
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I said they probably start around a grand. Depending on the age and the condition it could be more.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

I am a buy once kind of person.... I know you can't truely justify it right now but if you are planning on expanding. I would go with a "ride-on-spray". I personally think doing lawn treatments with a skid sprayer is a time of the past. That is just me.... A ride on spreader/sprayer can be used for everything from granular fertilizer, seed, lime, spraying, and much more....