Need help on this Bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mc752000, Sep 17, 2003.

1. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Ok!! I have this automotive service down here that wants 1 Lawn service Company to do all of their branches. Well 3 of them are an 1hr 15min away, three are 30min away, the other two are right here in town. All sites are pretty much the same in cutting, trimming & blow. I figured about 2 - 21/2 hrs each place. Two men will be doing this with the below equipment. If you could help me out it would greatly be appreciated. I have no clue how to figure in the traveling and other things that you big dogs do. PLEASE HELP!!!
  2. I figure travel time just like mowing time. The truck's probably depreciating faster than the mowers. So the price is the same.

I don't mow by the hour but when I'm figuring a quote the travel time gets figured as mowing time. The overhead expense is roughly the same plus it's time I could have spent mowing.

3. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info!!! You wouldn't happen to be a former Marine? I used to be in with a Haggerty from around Ohio I believe. Just curious Thanks for the info!!
  4. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

$ 1.00 - 1.75 per min. from the time you leave the shop. driving and mowing
  5. Nope, Army. Besides I'm too old. My brother was a Marine but he's old too.:D
    My son is your age but he was Army also.

Was the Haggerty you knew a big man?
    Some of the family from Hillsboro are just huge. They're more closely related to Dan Haggerty the actor. (Grizzly Adams)