1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need help on what mower to go with

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stingray, Mar 22, 2008.

1. stingray

stingray LawnSite Member

hi i am looking at getting my lawncare bizz going and im trying to save some $ for a start out im looking at a white outdoor zt54 26 hp briggsand stratton els engin itm number 4452649 from the tractor supply or a craftsman 26 hp 50 in model number 28790 from sears i would like a bad boy but i have to do something to start for first year so pls let me know what u think of tham thx i have a 7x12 trailer with side and back gate i know its not the best mower but i think it will be a start???
  2. Mark Bogart

Mark Bogart LawnSite Member

To start out with go with the one you feel most comfortable with and the one you can afford. Takes money to make money!
  3. stingray

stingray LawnSite Member

thx mark bogart
  4. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

compare the two mowers, then contrast. then the price. find out which mower is a better buy for what your doing.
  5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I would stretch out and go ahead and get the BB if you want it. When you go to trade in the other mower you bought you will lose big time. You can stretch it out with the financing and get 60 months @6.9% and get the ZT 60" for around $93 bucks a month with 0 down, and you will have the machine you want. You can always pay more when you have it. Let me know if you have any problems getting the financing. It doesn't cost the dealer anything to that program, so they should be willing to sign you up.
  6. stingray

stingray LawnSite Member

i have tryed to get it but i dont have the right score to get it the financing so im trying to get a cheeper price one i hope if any one can anyone tell me how to get around that prob ? to get the bad boy
  7. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

Like everyone says it takes money to make it. If you are serious then buy a serious machine if not hire your paper boy. Serious machines are true commercial not wanna-bees!!
  8. Mark Bogart

Mark Bogart LawnSite Member

If at all possible try not to finance. Buy what you can afford and work up from there. I've seen way to many people over the years finance everything because they get pressured into having to have all the best toys. This isn't high school. This is trying to make a living without going under. I know many people including myself who have never financed anything. What we did was work hard and managed are money properly.
  9. stingray

stingray LawnSite Member

thx mark borgart and retrodog can u pm me i dont now how to do that yet lolol on here would like to talk to u about the bad boy i like tham a lot
  10. davink

davink LawnSite Member
    from CT

Why not see what you can find used for a mower - Check the papers and dealers in the area around you. Many larger companies trade in often, and sometimes there are decent deals out there. Though I would really start to check the papers too, and online searches.