need help Permagreen why we should.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jose85, Jan 23, 2007.

1. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

ok i ask my boss if we can get a Permagreen because i'm on the spray tech at the company and we have a few big places....i think the biggest place we do ...we waste like 100 bags and counting and i do myself...so it sucks ....and he told me that i have to write him why we should get and in which ways it would help us.....mostly why should we get it and in what ways it can helps...OH WHEN I DO THAT BIG ASS PLACE I TAKE ONE EXTRA GUY WITH ME....SO PLEASE HELP ME SINCE I NEVER USED A Permagreen..

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Do a cost benefit analysis.

What do you get paid?
    What is the cost of the permagreen?

Tell them you can eliminate your co workers job.

Chances are its cheaper for him to pay you than it is for him to purchase and maintain the permagreen.

3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

A Pg unit can do all sizes of lawn.
    How many lawns do you do now? Don't try to sell it on one big job, but the total work load.

It should be able to allow you to pickup more work.

Is your outfit in lawn care (applications) or are you only doing the appl.'s to get other work. ie:mowing,hardscape?

You production will skyrocket with a PG, but are he and you looking for that?

4. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

just him i think i do about 400-500 places in a 6-8 weeks

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

With a Permagreen you can do fertilizer and weed killer at the same time. At 4 miles an hour, about an acre in twelve minutes. Maximum possible is about 5 acres per hour. (If you didn't stop to refill.) You could charge much more if you were doing the weed killer, too. Probably you could handle 700 customers if you had a Permagreen. In theory you could do grubs, fertilizer, and weed killer in one trip--and charge triple--is he greedy? That should get his attention.
    Suppose it costs $5600, and it lasted 10 years. That is $560 per year--about what it costs to pay you for one week--if you include payroll taxes and benefits.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Please help me out. I have 3 pg and a z -max I WISH I could do that kind of production per hour.

7. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Jose,

Is this a joke? Your boss wants you, to write him, why he, should buy a machene that will help his company be more productive, and have happier employees?

I always try to put a posative spin on all my posts, and I will try to do that here.

Jose....Get a new boss who already understands the benifits of modern equipment.....And only work for smart business men and women.

Good Luck,
    Pete

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Hokie,
    Ok OK! That is a theoretical maximum. Cannot go above that. Fifty percent of 5 acres per hour would probably be excellent. In flight refueling, fert and weed killer replenishment would be tricky.
    --There is a lot of time wasted to go back to truck and mix more weed killer and fill the hopper. I park hopper next to left rear tire, stand in the truck and pour the fert directly into the hopper, while standing in the bed of truck.

9. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Riggle,
    I Gotcha, I usually average around 1-2 Acres per hour. That includes spraying and refilling etc. Z-spray averages more. On the big sites I will drive the z and drop bags in spots to try to speed up the process when the truck is too far away.

10. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Why not just mount a 12V spreader on the front of a rider? I can do way more than a PG because I can put extra bags under my feet while I am going. I fill up w/ 2 bags & then put 2 under my feet.