Need help pricing a lot for HOA

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pecker, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering what you all would consider a fair price. Sorry I didn't get a pic. But I will describe it the best i can:

- 1.5 acre lot. No house.
    - The back 1/3 of the lot is a pond, about 1 acre to actualy be mowed.
    - Running down the middle of the lot(from street to pond. . probably 200 feet) is a shallow creek about 8 feet wide that will need trimming. I can get my ZTR (60") pretty much right up next to it.
    - The pond has about a 10 foot wide slope going down to it all the way around so it will need to be trimmed (the time consuming part) because I can't get the ZTR within about 10 feet of the water.
    - there is about a 20 x 75ft. strip of ground behind the pond to be mowed
    - no edging
    - no blowing
    - about 10 trees to be trimmed around
    - to be cut twice a month
    - managed by HOA

What would you charge per visit?
    Thanks in advance.

2. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

$75.00 if in current route or within 5 miles of existing account.

Every 2 weeks usually mean that they are trying to save money. Not Good. I would try to up sell them on a every week cut or as needed and show them a discount of some sort. This would be a breeze if you could do it every week.

10 trees equal tons of leaves in the fall. Do not give them leaf clean up free. I would try to sell a yearly package for about $150.00 for 12 months.

Just throwing numbers at you..... I really don't have any idea without walking the property.

luck to ya....O-O

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks o - so - n - so.

Also, anyone else who cares to take a stab in the dark (basically . . .without a pic), try to imagine a pond about a half acre big that will require trimming / weedeating of about a 10 foot ring out from the water. This is a more in detail description of the pond. Just trying to sharpen up the image to make it easier for you guys. Your thoughts are appreciated.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

don't everyone speak at once.