Need Help pricing fence install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Right Choice, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Right Choice

Right Choice LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,

For those of you out there that do fence work. I need help quoting a fence tare down and install. I have a custmer that has 133' of 6' fencing she wants taking out and replaced with new treated with metal posts. There is also 1 gate that needs to be installed. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Call a couple fencing contractors or fencing suppliers and ask them how much they would charge to do it.Just don't tell them you are going to do it.Just explain the job requirements and ask them if they can give you a ballpark on how much it would be.Tell them you are shopping around for for your grandma or something.But if you have never done this type of work before..be sure you know what you are doing before going about it.A customer should not have to pay for our mistakes and slower work while we are learning on the job so charge accordingly.The experts can charge more than you should on your 1st try at it.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Rule of the thumb to follow

If you have to ask how to do most aspects of a job --------Your not qualified to bid it.