1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need help pricing mulch job.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by timmac, Mar 21, 2007.

1. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I have read on here how some people price. most charge about 75 per yard. is this the customer pays for the mulch and i get 75 per yard or is the mulch included in this 75.00?
  2. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

I think most people on here would include the mulch in that price.
  3. lazerslicer05

lazerslicer05 LawnSite Member

When i do mulch jobs i charge about twice the price (there cost per yard) plus delivery.. so if cypress was $40 a yard i would charge $80 plus $50 shipping if it was delivered.....
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

If the customer buys the mulch then you add in your price per hour that you want to make and charge them for your time. So if you want to make $60-65 an hr then figure in how long it will take to do the job and say if it takes 2 hrs charge them $120-$130 for installation.
  5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

dont let the customer buy it. its so much easier to shovel it out of a truck rather than lifting it off the ground, not to mention your back will hate you. i charge $80/yard. that includes the purchase price, delivery, and installation. edging is extra, heavy weeding as well. retail for mulch is about $35/yard here, i get wholesale at $25. just tell the customers materials is a great cost.
  6. Fleming Lawn Services

Fleming Lawn Services LawnSite Member

what if i charged 100 bucks a yard, that includes, delivery, installation, and materials, is this too much?
  7. driscoll_d

driscoll_d LawnSite Member

Looking to find the paint color our item # for the yellow used on Wright Stander mowers. I was going to but it from the small engine store near me, but he is asking to much. I'm pretty sure there should be something on the net.

Thanks for any info..
  8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Dan, what does the color of your Wright Stander mower have to do with mulch prices? You should start your own thread on the subject. Looks like this was your first post so you probably just got confused on how the board works.