need help pricing

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jiggarule69, Nov 16, 2007.

1. jiggarule69

jiggarule69 LawnSite Member

hey i just got a job to clean up leaves and yard debri. well the yard is copletely covered with oak leaves there is not a sign of green any were and also in the vallys of the house roof they are caked with leaves. the property is about like a third or close to a 1/4 acre so how much per hour or how much for the job do you think.

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

A picture would help us help you.
    How many hrs do you think It will take you...then x that by your rate.

I always charge a dump charge for the leafs

3. jiggarule69

the thing is i don't really know how many hours its gonna take me or how much a hour i'm gonna charge so i was wondering if you guys would give me prolly the best hourly rate for leaves

4. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

WHAT KIND OF EQIPMENT ARE YOU USING?

5. jiggarule69

leaf blower and the old fashion way of raking i don't got the money for this big name equipment so what ya think

6. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

MAN IM REALLY NOT SURE HAT TO TELL YA IVE GOT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SETUP.....I GET 75 TO 100 PER HOUR

7. jiggarule69

i was thinking like 10 bucks a hour but i'm thinking that it is a little cheap. but the thing is the guy calls me to see if i want to do the job i said yeah right away he never once asked how much i charge or anything he just said the his mother inlaw wanted it done befroe thanksgiving. so earlier today i drove by the house just ti inspect how much work needs to be done well the roof needs blown off and prolly the gutters need cleaned to plus leaves and branches or what ever so i come to the conclusion of like close to 15 an hour if thats to steap or not enough i would like to hear you guys's feedback thank you

8. agm

agm LawnSite Member
    from NM

WAY TOO CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!! I charge a min of $55 per man hr. I would'nt even step foot on the property for $10-15 per hr!!! Thats ridiculous.

9. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. First I'm thinking your maybe 14 years old, then you say you're driving??

Hm... do a search, leaves have been talked about soooo many times, you can't even count the posts.

$15/hr. I presume you have no insurance, no licence and don't pay taxes...ok. Sure, charge 15, but I don't approve of it, so do hundreds of lcos on this site. If this is the case, I hope you don't ask anymore...just do it, and don't post it on here.

Oh, I just noticed that you said the roof needs blowing off...if you're not insured...DON'T. You're not only risking your life, if you get hurt, the homeowner could lose their house because of the liability if your carcass of bones winds up on the driveway.

Please reconsider it, and if you find yourself on the roof blowing for cough...cough...$15/hr, just make sure you pad yourself with 2 matresses, one for the front, one for the back so you don't cost the customer too much if you fall... :)

If I'm wrong, give us some more info on who you are, what you do in your business...etc...

Good luck

:)

10. jiggarule69

well your right about the insurance i ain't got none but im 24 years old and my business is lagit but heres the catch this is my real first client and i thaught it over and i'm gonna charge the lady 90 bucks total for the job if that isnot to ur liking well let me know i got till monday to revamp my price