Need help quick!! Before i fail !!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ADVANTEC LAWNS, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Fellows are right, go to work for someone else, and learn the right way to do things. Its good to ask questions, but the questions your are asking in your current position means you may not be ready to be in business yourself.

2. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

This is ridiculous.. Most on here would say that the LCO like you is ruining the business. I would say that LCO like yourself are why I am successful at it. Usually, I can get a customer to pay double what a guy like you charges without the customer even blinking an eye. Before you get any insurance or business credentials you need to understand this industry and your environment. Many guys think they can just go buy a mower, a trailer and a weed eater and start a business. Just because you like to mow your lawn or are good at mowing lawns does not mean you will be good at running an LCO. To me it doesnt seem like you have the drive or the determination it takes to run a legitimate LCO. If you do then great, but its not all about mowing lawns and crapping rainbows and gumdrops.

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

i usually type the same thing when ever people don't have insurance or think it isn't needed. But I am getting sick of typing it over and over, so I will just copy and paste. I'm tempted to not even waste my time and do that, but I am concerned about the person you could screw over down the road when you cause damage or an injury and can't pay for it. This quote was from a teenager who was uninsured, so it may be a little different since I mentioned his parents losing there home.

4. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, I remember that post.
    Posted via Mobile Device