need help! starting new business in lawncare.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greengrower, Jan 15, 2007.

1. greengrower

greengrower LawnSite Member

I am new here and my last post I messed up and I am sorry.I want to start a lawn mowing business here in west Atlanta area.I have 20 years in turf grasses for experience but honestly I am lost on getting and knowing how to start this business.Please if you would give me some advice.I hope I can make this work, thank you , greengrower

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would start by purchasing the program from lawn care success (Sean's program). Do you know any small business owners (it doesn't have to be green related)? If so, start picking their brain. Some of the basics of business will all be the same. Do some research using the search button. Do research on things like operating costs, business plans, advertising, true costs, equipment, etc. Start now with your research. Start soon with your plan. Revise your plan, and then revise you plan, and then put your plan into action.

3. Solid

Solid LawnSite Member

My state website helped me out a lot. Also check to see if you have a Small Business Developmental Center in your area. They provide you with one on one help and different classes. I've been to the library, bookstore, and internet, and have gotten a ton of info that way.