1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help starting out!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jbone, Mar 23, 2006.

1. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

Ok..... Im new to the landscape business, I have been doing lots of searches and reading as much as I can but I cant get all the answers that im looking for. I need to know what good books are out there for someone like me starting out. I need everything from the basics on up. I dont plan on actually getting contracts or any business until spring 2007 because I need to save up some cash, research the industry, purchase equipment, etc. I have worked landscaping here and there in the past and I am really interested. But before I just hop into I want to have a good knowledge of ALL the basics. I am currently working out the bugs to get into snow/ice removal this upcoming winter. Also for anyone that has a small commercial landscaping comp. what type of equipment do you think would be best to start with? I would really like to hear what would be good to purchase with a tight budget and a reasonable budget. I really ppreciate the help!!!!