1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help to ID weed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gotgreen?, Apr 16, 2005.

1. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

First I'm not on the fertilizing business, so I need something that I can get at Home Depot.

About my lawn, I overseed every fall, and last year I used Lesco transition blend from Home Depot and this year these weeds are trying to overtake my back yard and I need help to kill them. I do not know if they came with Lesco seed because I only used it on my back yard. I use Shaw's Broadleaf Weed Control 970 Millennium Ultra 15-2-5 and for spot treatment I use Spectracide Weed Stop 2x for lawns.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using Lesco seed for years and have never seen this type of weed. I don't have a clue what it is. Any product with 2-4D will probably kill it but it may take more than one application because of the small leaf surface. It appears to be an annual so you'll probably have it back next year.
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

knotweed is my guess give me a better pic and i can tell you for sure what it is
  4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Mow your grass. How did this "weed" get so tall?
  5. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

Those weeds did not got tall, they "crawl", and they weren't there last week and are driving me crazy. Thanks for the help. How can I kill them? Can't get better picture, I don't have a camera, my sister in law let me borrow hers when she came over to visit.
  6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Its Shepherds Purse, Capsella bursa-pastoris ,

Zorry zee link ees unt Girmann, (or dutch I don't know..its certainly not spanglish)
  7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

SodKing. Could it be prostrate spurge? That is a summer annual and I thought Shepards Purse was a winter annual???
  8. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

9. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member