1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help tracking down a light

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Don't stress too much over it Mark. Most of the time my comments are to provoke different ideas and points of view. It certainly isn't meant to be perceived as an attack on you personally. Take a deep breath and have a great day!
  2. Viewpoint

Viewpoint LawnSite Member

Since Mark's opinions are tainted, I'll offer my own, unbiased opinion...and agree with Mark. FX Luminaire's LS-12 has been my go-to light for small branches and low branches (under 10'). Anything over 10' you can go to the VL-20. Both work well with retrofit lamps...I like the illumicare SCB in the LS-12 because it has 4 diodes aimed down, as opposed to the Brilliance which is mostly side-firing. Those are fine for pathlights, not hanging lights.

The LS-12 weights in at 7.8oz with the Illumicare SCB lamp in it. I just checked. You're welcome. Good luck finding that info on the FX website. The dimensions yes, but not weight.

If you don't mind integrated, the LE-1LED (in aluminum, not brass) from FX is even lighter, but I like the quality of light from the Illumicare lamp in the LS-12 more.
  3. Steve Atkinson

Steve Atkinson LawnSite Member

4. Viewpoint

Viewpoint LawnSite Member

My apologies. I was referring to the "dynasty" line, and not the new ones. I haven't tried the new one yet. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Steve, I am interested to know how 130 Lumens "replaces 20-watt halogen" Last time I checked most 20 watt halogen lamps produce around 230 lumens or so.
  6. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

I just looked at a prospective job where this kind of fixture might be
    appropriate but I have always wondered about the peculiar effect if the fixture was moving in the wind. Comments from those that have used them??