NEED HELP! Two zones on at one time

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by tcariveau, Apr 26, 2005.

1. tcariveau

tcariveau LawnSite Member

My lawn sprinkler sysytem is operating two zones at one time. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?
  2. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

ok do u have a indexing valve or seperate valves. being from mn probably valves. change zones and see which one stays on. that valve is probably stuck open.
  3. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a master valve? Are you just starting the system up for first time this year?
  4. tcariveau

tcariveau LawnSite Member

I just started it up for the year.
  5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Your not going to get much in quality response if this is the best you can do for details. Pages could be written about what if this or that from the small info you have provided.
  6. Oly

Oly LawnSite Member

I would guess that the person who winterized your system operated it manually.... i do this for time savings.... and left the manual bleed on top of one valve open... try just turning the clock off and leaving the water supply on to the system.. if it keeps running in this configuration you know it is a valve... then try tightening the manual bleeds on the valves... if that doesn't work you may need to disassemble the valve, if you don't want to do all of this.. let your fingers do the walking.... and call a pro....

just my 2 cents worth...
  7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

There are lot of things that could be wrong here:

• The person who winterized your system may have left a solinoid turned onto the "on" position on a valve.
    • They may have fixed a break, and cross connected two zones.
    • A valve diaphram may have a foriegn material stuck in it.
    • The valves could be double wired in the timer.
    • The valves could be double wired in the valvebox.

Has there been a break repair recently?