1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Very Fast!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by 04TurfT, Jun 30, 2006.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

How many of yall have the pole hedge trimmers? What brand do you have and what should I look out for when buying them... If yall could point out any and all the pros/cons to the different brands.... I'd really appreciate it...:dancing:
  2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have Echo and Tanaka. Thats the only two I've ever used.

My guys always fight over the Tanaka, they hate the echo's and 2 of my guys worked for previous companys with other brands and still like the tanakas best.
  3. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

i personally like shindaiwa they work great light weight and parts arent that expensive
    i have a few but my oldest pair are atleast 6 yrs old now and only minor maintence

i think most guys stick to stihl and echo though sthil is a lil heavy imo
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Everything I've got is Echo, been that way for going on 18 years, mostly because the 4 shops that I deal with, all have Echo.
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've only used the big Echo model, and I rented it. I liked it and considered purchasing one but, I wouldn't need it that much.
  6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We have the Husqavarna 326ldx split boom and love it. We also have the echo pas-260 and personally i hate that thing. In fact its now out of commission after really only one season. A lot of problems.

The Husqavarna is awesome and has a much better attachment system at the split.
  7. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Kawasaki makes pretty good hedge trimmers. Been happy with them...
  8. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

i have used echo and shindiawa, and like the shinny. The echo i used borke down alot after only one season. I currently have the shinny articulating head that i swap out with my trimmer bump head when i need a pole trimmer.

Works great, only slightly heavier than with the bump head.