Need Help which one..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by airforcemike, Mar 5, 2007.

1. airforcemike

airforcemike LawnSite Member

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

why would you get one with such a small deck? i think it would be better to get a walk behind...

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

it would be cheaper then getting a Z. just through a sulky on the back of the w/b.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well I think you'd be better off getting a walk behind and using the money saved for something else.

Thing is, how well would a 36" WB pull a person around on a sulky, seeing as how they usually have smallish-horsepower motors?

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

just giving another reason to look into getting a w/b instead of a Z. just incase the walking was a reason for looking into getting a small Z.

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I agree with you, when you're going with that small of a deck, I think a WB would be more cost-effective than a Z as long as it could pull someone around OK on a sulky.

7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes im with everyone else on this one why not save a lot of money buy a small deck w/b w/ velke. I have a toro t-bar 32" W/ 12 HP KOHLER and it pulls me as fast as I want to go,cant get much smaller combo than that and Im 5-11...235lbs on a good day.

8. airforcemike

airforcemike LawnSite Member

Well my main concern was i would be useing this machine for the same residential properties for most of the day and i didnt want to have to stand up all day if i didnt have to. I dont mind breaking of a couple extra dollars to be more comfortable.

9. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

If you can afford it go for it............IMO I would go with the hustler over the bad boy. Never used one but from what I read and hear the hustler is good equipment.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Now, your 36" wb's are comming with 15hp engines. That should be enough to pull you around. I know the 12.5 kawi on my 36" can pull my fat a$$ around with-out much problem on flat land.