Need help with 1st project

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ace329, Jan 3, 2004.

1. ace329

ace329 LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone,

I must say this site is wonderful, lots of information to us newbie.

This is my 1st project and I need some help or ideals on what to do with it. This is my aunt house she has a budget of $2500.00. I need to get some ideal in what I can do to make this 1st project a success.

I've typical do more of mowing, but want to get into the landscaping side. Here is picture of the area she wants a make over.
  2. ace329

ace329 LawnSite Member

Can any help with attach file or image on this thread?
  3. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Check your filesize first. It probably needs to be resized, thats all
  4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Im Looking but cant see anything
  5. ace329

ace329 LawnSite Member

I think I got it!

6. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

she wants to spend $2500 on the front yard? Don't see it happening with this one. How about back yard pics.
  7. LiquidLand

LiquidLand LawnSite Member

Consider installing a small water feature-i.e.small block and stucco wall 5'tallx4'wide w/ small spouting cherub to pondless gravel circle return, facing diagonally back to the door and window from the front, maybe 3 small dogwoods behind, some outdoor lighting-that about does the budget-good luck-can email pics of new work from FLA
  8. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

definatly would go with a small water feature and possible a small rock garden with perrenials to compliment it.....try experimenting with some perrenial grasses aropund the pond and some flowers. Up here blackeyed susans, daylillys and astible are all popular items ,,, try to get a small japaese laceleaf maplein to the design too...maybe make that a secondary focal point to the pond.

good luck

9. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

First off, get rid of the rocks least how they're used now. It looks so unnatural.... re-shape the beds, get some height near the corners ... perhaps some larger rocks... there goes your 2500
  10. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking you should use a fieldstone wall, small pond(50gal)? with some lighting features, a weeping tree then some lower ground shrubs.