Need help with 66" xr7 setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CurbAppealKS, Jun 3, 2013.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Will not work, different deck with different mounting points according to my district rep.

I cut with a 66" XR-7 deck side by side with my 72" VX4 deck and would need to flip a coin to decide which cut may look better. The XR-7 in my cutting situation has done an exceptional job, the only change I would make in the deck would be to widen the discharge opening to the size of my VX4.

My 72" is larger than a 60 or 66 in more ways than just width according to my district rep.

2. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

So I spoke with a hustler rep today and explained my problem. After running through all my measurements with him, he came up with one solution. All he told me to do was loosen the bolts on the spindle and slip washers under the spindle to level out the center blade compared to the others. I know one of you guys has already stated this solution, but I wanted to try all other things before I started tearing the deck apart.

I will try it and post up my results.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Yea that's what I'd be doing, putting a couple shims under the spindle bolts isn't invasive towards the deck at all. Look forward to hearing how it goes
    Posted via Mobile Device