need help with a bid please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLandyman, Jan 13, 2008.

1. TheLandyman

TheLandyman LawnSite Member

not sure if this is the right section so please move if necessary. A property management company approached me and they want a monthly price for all my services, they want no hidden fees and they want to know what there paying for. Im pretty lost in this bid so i just need some advice or some ball park prices from some of you pros out here any input is helpful criticism welcome:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh and FYI i am a solo operation with part time help as needed. Here is what i have come up with so far.

-Mowing/edging: $80 per month
    -Hedging/Pruning: $15 per month(will be every 6 months)
    -Fertilizer: $5 per month
    -Weed control: $15 per month
    -Pressure washing buildings: $18.75 per month (once a year)
    -Planting: $22.5 per month (materials not included)(2 times per year)
    -Blowing: need help with this price
    -Fall clean up: need help with this price
    -Spring clean up: need help with this price

Basically i bidded each service seperatly and divided that price by 12 to get a per month price to pay for the service so it looks cheaper for them and there will be no hidden costs. Am i right/wrong, dumb or smart? and how would you guys bid it?

2. TheLandyman

bump- anyone?

3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

All the pics don't really help. Total sq ft of the property? I wouldn't try to dissect each little procedure. I'd just figure what I want.

Mowing- $80 per month ? For $20 a week, I'll have lunch with you ( you bring the lunch and I'll pick the location.)

4. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

how far appart are the stops. by the pics it looks very small . what do u pay your help in medford per hr

5. TheLandyman

ok ill get some sq. footage tommorow ill be in the area, i pay 1 guy 10/hour. it will probably change this coming week since im in the middle of getting workers comp. And all these pictures are from the same property maybe and acre sized lot. oh and texpro its actually $120 per month for mowing, but my season is only 8 months long so i took 120x8/12 to come up with a monthly price for a whole year.

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

You bid each service, not, bided.

You bid $225.00 to power wash all the buildings ?:confused:
    How many buildings ? One or two level ?

7. Sammy

Fertilizer, how many apps per year ?
    Weed control, do you have a state lic. to do that ?
    Plantings, Do you have a lic. to do that ? (Differant from weed control.)

8. Sammy

Basic Yard care package:
    -Mowing/Edging = $107
    -Blowing = $52.50
    -Weed Control = $45
    -Hedging/Pruning = $30
    -Total per month price = $267.00

Extras:
    -Fertilizer = $63 per visit/4 times per year
    -Re-mulch = $975 per year/ 1 time per year
    -Spring clean-up = $360
    -Fall clean-up = $540
    -Planting = $225 materials not included
    -Pressure washing = $360 1 time per year

9. TheLandyman

sorry sammy i just realized when i wrote the post i did write some of the prices wrong, ive been reading on oregon fertilzer laws and weed control laws and it seems that anyone is aloud to use common pre mixed fertilzers and weed control, i.e. scotts fertilizer and round up. Im pretty sure you dont need a landscaping liscense to plant annuals but i could be wrong. I would be doing 4 fert. apps per year, 1 for each season and weed control every month. All the buildings are single story except the one that you see in the parking lot area. And i did not take the second story into consideration so i will change the pressure wash price. thanks for the feedback sammy. Oh and you last post is exactly what i have and should have posted but the pressure wash price will be higher now.

10. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

that place looks ruff to me you might not be able to compete price wise if there are any big dogs running loose. what happened to the last company. this might be over your head. no offence