NEED HELP with a cemetery bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowinMachine, Feb 21, 2005.

1. MowinMachine

MowinMachine LawnSite Member

i got a 13 acre cemetery that is comming up for bid it is very nicely spaced and a very easy cemetery, if there is such a thing, they are bidding it by per mow and they only want it trimmed everyother mow what would be a good price
  2. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

We do a 16 acre cemetary in Ohio and trim every other time. The tombstones stick out of the ground and are pretty well spaced. There is two open areas adding up to about 4 acres. Every time we trim and mow we charge 525 and each time we just mow it is 380. This is what my former boss charged, in my opinion and probably many others this is CHEAP!!! If I were you off of the top of my head assuming there are no open areas I would charge around 550-600 every time I mowed and trimmed, and 400-450 when I just mowed.
  3. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

First of all good luck...
    My company does not do any cemeteries but my frinds company does. I know he has one that is something like 10-30 acres but not sure where it falls sorry. He bid this property at $800 a mow. He and I were talking and he said he got screwed bad because he did not figure in enough time for trimming. His was the same way,every other mow,. So I cannot help you with the price but be sure to figure out how long the trimming will take you and figure in your cost to do it with your wage and then add a little more just for it going an extra week without being done. I may be wrong but that is what I would do.

4. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

we had almost a 15 acer we got 1450 every mow it has alot of hills and dips and holes a pita
  5. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I would charge no less than 600 but if there are a lot of rough spots then even more than that. Cemetaries suck...
  6. marcs lawn care

marcs lawn care LawnSite Member

my cemetery has 2 acres of open mowen and 11 nice and neat with stones.where you lose most of your time is trimming.The best way to look at it on the trimming is an acre per hr with nice neet trimming so we start at 7am here and WE TRIM TILL LUNCH 11 AM then motor on the mowing 11:30 till 5:30 I can only get $475 per week mow and trim in my area and have had the contract 3 years.
  7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

commom rule of thumb on Cemetary is for every hr. of mowing figure 2 hrs trimming time. make sure you really want this property 9 month season is a long time.
  8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

send me a full financial disclosure of your business...........your overhead.....maybe some profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and tax returns........then i may be able to help you out with what you need to charge....

excuse me while i cut and paste this response to 100 more threads
  9. MowinMachine

MowinMachine LawnSite Member

sorry im new in the business and thought i could get some help from others thanks for the smart a$$ reply