Need help with a fence bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by The Greenskeep, Aug 5, 2004.

1. The Greenskeep

The Greenskeep LawnSite Member

Working on a bid for a homeowner to do a deck, patio and landscaping. Homeowner called me today and would like to now have a fenced in backyard. Never done one and would like to get your advice on how to bid it. I think if I could do it all it would definitely help my chances of landing the account.

Here is what I know:

Approx. 200 lin. ft.
    Fence would be 8ft dog ear in 8ft sections
    2 gates

Here is what I would like to know:

How long would it take to complete the job?
    It is just me and one other employee. Would rent a two-man auger if it will save a lot of time and backache.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    The Greenskeep
  2. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

I'd put up a post at one corner and another at the other corner.
    Pull a string on these to align your other posts. One up high and one low works well. Measure the exact panel your planning to use and dig your post holes from that. I use cement for posts others prefer crushed stone. Set your posts and wait a day. Come back and pull a string on the top for the top of the panels to align with. The put up the panels. This is how I have done the fences I've done.
  3. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

i'd call a pro for that. There are two many factors that you need to condsider in order to make it come out straight and solid. I have worked with a company where I get them the work and they give me a % of the job. Usually about 25%. Not too bad considering most installs are in the $1000's.
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

$15.00( 6 ft boards) to $25.00( 8 fott boards) per foot, installed, plus gates, usually around $275.00-$300.00 per gate.