need help with a good mud machine

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawn dogg, Feb 24, 2008.

1. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

Im doing alot of grading and finishing yards for builders where the ground is wet and muddy, been using my L34 kubota with bucket and harly rake does ok but looking for something with more traction that doesnt rut up everything, been spending more time covering my on tracks than finishing

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

mud is mud you can try a CTL but even that will leave ruts that require added labor to deal with. its the physics of mud their is not a machine on the planet that can be driven over it dragged on it that will not leave a trace.

3. Advancedexc

Advancedexc LawnSite Member

we use a t190 and t300 we are able to get in the yard 2-3 days before the guys with tractors or wheeled bobcats WE work the day after the rain here

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

ASV or the small CAT's with ASV tracks (247, 257) will float right over that stuff.

5. Advancedexc

Advancedexc LawnSite Member

The cats are very strong machines but they have had a lot of track pro. in the past we use to run two of them but tracks came off all the time depends on who you talk to. The machine was the best out there if they had different tracks just my two cents

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

their is not a machine on the planet aside from a hover craft that can be used on a sloppy muddy finnish grade that will not require a hand detailing when done.

7. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

my suggestion was already taken and asv or t 180 should do the trick