Need help with a name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by elite lawns, May 25, 2008.

1. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

ok so i thought i was in the clear to use emerald lawn care so i started put money in the name when i went to get my llc i found out there was already another emerald lawn. what i paid for last year was to trade mark the emerald not the name so this was a big blow so i need help coming up with a name i want to keep emerald but i was told i need to put something in front of it here what i thought true emerald/ green emerald so any help please sorry for the long post

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

simple......forget the LLC. stick with a dba....

from reading your post I really doubt if you know what and how an LLC works.
    and to be honest. I doubt if you quailfy, or even what your getting your self into....

3. elite lawns

i know what I'm getting into any help with the name would be great. thanks for all your help have a bless night

4. HandyHomeMedic

HandyHomeMedic LawnSite Member

Try one of those things we used to do in English class where you just put a pen to paper and let your mind run wild. No order. No rules. Just keep writing till somethings comes up.

"The Emerald Society," "Emerald Lawn Service," "Emerald Landscapes" and on and on. You'll be suprised at what you come up with. I hope this helps.

5. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, to me the true emerald doesn't hit me right. I am not sure why, perhaps it hits me like a hardware store or that true and emerald don't sound logical. The same with Green Emerald. Emerald green sound ok but Green Emerald just sounds uncomfortable.

I think Handy Home had a good suggestion. Sit with a pen and write down everything that comes to your mind no matter how funky it seems. Then get away from it for a day. You might find once you get away from it you wake up the next morning with the perfect name.

I think something like Emerald Turf Mgt might work or some of the ones HHM suggested.

6. elite lawns

the word emerald has to come second i need something in front of emerald

7. HandyHomeMedic

HandyHomeMedic LawnSite Member

I got it! Emeril Lawnguysee!! BAMM!!

8. elite lawns

9. monkeygrass

monkeygrass LawnSite Member

emerald city lc? emerald cuts? emerald touch lc?

10. elite lawns

those are good but the emerald has to come second i need to put a word in front of emerald