Need Help With Aerating Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am bidding on a job that includes doing the aerating on 29,000 sq. ft. of turf. The only aeration job I have done to date is one small yard with a rented machine. I really don't know how to price this size job. The property is level,with few obstructions, only 16 small trees scattered across it. Owner will flag sprinklers. I am going to purchase a walkbehind aerator of some type for next season, so will be using it on this job. Any pricing suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it depends on aeration prices in your area. We have guys getting $10/1000 to guys giving it away (these guys suck) It also depends on how close the cust is from rental store(most pop rental). I would try to make $75 per hour 1.5 hours labor +rental Maybe $150 to $180. Jusr a thumbnail. I don't quote over electronic media.

3. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

10x29=290.00

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

In our area we would be competeing against bids that would range from $200 (ours) up to the $290 mark mentioned prior.

Good Luck!
    Kris

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

29X12.00=348.00
    ANT
    smaller say 10-17 m= 15.00 per m

6. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

as the above post show... price it by the thousand..... our area will stand anywhere from 8 to 11 dollars a thousand..