need help with an area under a tree on a slope, grass is washed out, what should i do

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by clydesdale, Jul 28, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

Any idea? I am thinking maybe replant grass on this slope, but it will require periodic reseeding. This area gets water that runs off the hill above it. Any thoughts?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

put down straw. i found that shredded straw works even better because it decomposes if it is shredded enough so you don't have to pick it up. Worked for me.

3. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, i should have been more specific. I am talking about not during the seeding process. This area actually had full grass, but over time it thinned out and washed out. So i guess i could reseed but keep on top of it and overseed as necessary. Is there a better type of grass for a slope.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

5. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a problem area exactly like that, customer wants mulch around tree but it is on a slope & mulch, seed, etc. washes out. I'm going to put a half ring around the tree out of curved King Block (wall block) to help build the area up level & then mulch.

-Geoff

6. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

Your description in kinda vague.

Have you considered terracing with some landscaping? Perhaps timbers or landscaping bricks? What is the size of the area your having problems with?