Need help with an estimate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shopritecrisco, Apr 6, 2007.

1. shopritecrisco

shopritecrisco LawnSite Member

My husband is going to do an estimate tomorrow on this property. It's a triplex. The guy wants it cut and the hedges trimmed once a month. As you can see it's not that big. This would be his first commercial property. What would you charge? Thanks for your help.

Shopritecrisco's Wife

property.JPG

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

how big is the lawn?? is there a back lawn? he wants the hedges cut once per month??? id reccomend telling him they only need to be cut 2-3 times a year, they wont need it monthly. also, as for the mowing, if its just infront like the picture shows i have a $35 min, thats what id charge.

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

also what equipment are using? also for the triming id say $125 each time.

4. BW Landscaping

BW Landscaping LawnSite Member

sounds about right to me

5. shopritecrisco

shopritecrisco LawnSite Member

He's going to charge $125, because the back yard is rather large. Thanks for your help.

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck!

7. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

Here in GA we have to prune way more than 2-3 times per year..

Maybe it's just a southern thing but shrubs (especially hollies and such) grow like crazy here in the summer.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If we see most of what needs to be done it looks like a couple hours of work max including the shrub trimming. The would put it at $60 in our area. Not much of a commericial property when they want it done monthly...I would pass and also would be surprised if they would pay the amounts stated in previous posts.