need help with bid fellas!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BLKSS, Jul 17, 2007.

1. BLKSS

BLKSS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

first off this is my first landscapeing job, so here goes. client has two flower beds one is 17x3 and the other is 30x4. He wants the dead winter plants taken out, new mulch, some weeds removed, new summer flowers, and some small plants, he also wants stone around the flowerbeds. he is willing to pay 500-1000. i do not know if thats with the material or not. can anyone please help me with this project. also how should i charge for my labor.
    thanks
    BLKSS

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

If you'll be putting down 4 inches of mulch in the beds you'll need 3 yds of mulch. Thats somewhere around $60-$80 dollars depending on your area and what type of mulch you'll be using. How much stone will you be using ?? what size and type ?? Pulling weeds sucks. Only you know how many plants need pulled out of the gound and how long do you think it will take you to plant new flowers and plants and the mulch and the stone, not to mention how your going to be getting rid of all the debri. You need to figure out how long do you think it will take ,how much do want to charge per hour.You could easily spend $3-4 hundred dollars just in Material and the plants,maybe dumping fees. I'd say $1000-$1200 .