1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PalmettoLawn, Aug 24, 2005.

1. PalmettoLawn

PalmettoLawn LawnSite Member

Need to find a cheap place to get liability insurance. I need a million dollar coverage. Cheapest I have found is $901.00 a year.

2. farmerphilco

farmerphilco LawnSite Member

There are so many variables that need to be known before you can really know what is the best premium for your company. That premium could be very low or it could be very high.

What are you doing?
    What is your annual payroll & receipts?
    # of employees?
    type of work performed?
    %'s of each type?
    so on and so on.

3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i am looking at a new policy 1 mill/ including coverage on my equipment for 400 year. one employee( me) and a 250 deductable

4. farmerphilco

What company is that quote through?
    That cannot include work comp.

5. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

malcom warren independent comapny. no workers comp. dont have any employees but myself and i carry my own health ins

6. farmerphilco

Which company, not the agency. If you actually have correct coverage for less than what 99% of all companies charge (most have a minimum premium of around $500) then I would like to have them as long as they are rated "A" or better.

7. PalmettoLawn

PalmettoLawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. I need same thing that you have. Only me and my equipment. Does that company have a website?

8. farmerphilco

is there a way that you could email or fax me a copy of your policy? It almost sounds too good to be true but that is a great company if it is all correctly written