Need Help with John Deere LA110 Hitch

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by WooTiger, Nov 14, 2007.

1. WooTiger

WooTiger LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a John Deere LA 110 lawn tractor. The hitch for attaching pull behind items (aerator, lawn cart, sweeper) is much lower than on my previous lawn tractor, and the non-deere attachments that I own are not at the proper angle to function.

The clerk at the store where I purchased the tractor was not helpful - "they do that so you have to buy John Deere attachments".

Does anyone know of an adaptor that can be purchased to help me out, or have another idea to solve this problem.

Thanks!

2. newdude

newdude LawnSite Member

i have an agri-fab sweeper that was on my old yard machines and it fits pretty good on my 115, similar to your LA110. The only thing i did was stick a bout a 3/4-1 inch piece of metal (like a giant washer but made out of a pipe) , stuck it between the two tounges on the sweeper and put it on the bottom tounge, in between. then i line up the holes, and drop in the big bolt I use as a hitch pin b/c i lost the original (duh). I don't know if that will help but it did on mine b/c before there was alot of play in the hitch (up and down) and now it hardly moves. The only akward tool that there would be, i guess would be a cart.

3. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

If It were me ...I would off set your old Implements to suit your new JD.

Like a pc of flat bar bent for offset...then bolt or weld on.:)