1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help with landscape ideas

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by danman421, Sep 17, 2013.

1. danman421

danman421 LawnSite Member

I am in SE NC on the coast (well a few miles inland) and we need help with ideas. The cherry tree you see in the front is dead, we had pine needles put down and it died after that, I think they are related somehow. Anyways, the shrubs we have down now I feel are discombobulated, no order or anything to them. Some azaleas, hibiscus, hydrangeas and some bushes the builder put down that are ugly. I want more of a costal thing, we like palms (obviously), oleander, banana trees for some examples. Of course I want low(er) maintenance but something that still looks nice. There is irrigation. Also, I may be interested in adding some natural areas in the middle of the yard like a kidney shape or something with shrubs in it, its just more area to trim around. I am open to idea, let me know what you think. We live in USDA zone 8.

Here are two pictures: