Need Help with Large Bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I am bidding 3 Large Properties and I need help on the beds !

1. Apartment Complex 39,000 Feet of Turf , 5176 feet of trimming
    1/2 blowing also about 600 feet of beds including about 60 hours of trimming and pruning. This is a 12 month contract
    How Much per Month ?

2. Apartment Complex 27,000 Feet of Turf, 4992 feet of trimming, 1/2 hour blowing, also about 250 plants and small trees that will have to be trimmed and pruned ! Also a 12 month contract
    How Much per Month ? This is a brand new Complex they are just starting to Lease the units !

3. This is a Group of Duplexes 32 of them My guess is about 130,000 to 140,000 feet of Turf and Guessing about 9000 feet of trimming, 1 hour blowing and as far as Trimming and Pruning there are about 850 to 1000 Plants and Small trees that will need to be done come winter !
    How Much per month

At this point I am only using 21" Hondas but if I get these I will be buying at least a 36" WB !

Please Help !
    I am the Only 1 man show bidding these !
    The only other bidders are 2 large companies, One of them has them now and only because they are the only one who bi dded them before and they only have the 2nd one until the contract for the other 2 runs out next month ! They are usually higher than heck because they know that they are about the only large outfit in the area and they think they dominate the market !

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Please Help !

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Came across similar the other month. Didn't get bid because I was to high or something. any ways Not sure how many obsticals there are and if it is a up town complex or will be run down complex soon? Makes a diferance on how much garbage, toys and crap there is to pick up. My best guess is.......
    #1- monthly 4350
    #2-4250
    #3-7000 min pending how dificult edging is and what type of plants.

I would hire at min one guy to edge trim and blow.

take in mind you have to figure out how much time you are going to be picking up after these people. that is one thing I really hate about complexes. good luck.