1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with Lawn, Please.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by RoboMike, Jun 23, 2012.

1. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

SA sod is $0.97 a sq foot.

2. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

And you still blame the weather and lawn guys for the yard being a bed of weeds? Give me your zip code, I bet I can find you Sod for less than $.30..

the reason your yard is filled with weeds is because the previous owners did not take care of their yard or did not want to pay for the professionals to do it.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Hurricane blown seeds and mower deck transfer is highly unlikely...your lawn already had the weed seeds in it, you just failed to prevent them from germinating.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

Ok then my dad told me wrong, my apologies. Yes, I am surrounded by weeds. My zip is 33498.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah...dads also think not bagging clippings causes thatch....or mine does/did.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

Also, Bermuda is supposed to grow faster and more dense than SA and most weeds. Since it's in a seed I can over seed an area to crowd out weeds. (https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/lh007) My water retention pond in the back yard means I don't pay for water for my lawn so that is not an issue. So why wouldn't round up / renting a tiller and seeding the area be less expensive than sod?

I could see your point if I actually cared about saving my SA.

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

I'll do an install for you; sod included @$0.75 a sq ft. miminum 500 ft.

8. jvanvliet

I'll do an install for you; SA sod included @$0.75 a sq ft. miminum 500 ft.

9. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

I think I already mentioned that sod is out of my budget. I have 21,780 sq feet of yard.

10. jvanvliet

21K is that the lot size or just the green area.